Our Good Life participates in affiliate marketing and other forms of advertising. We only recommend products and services we believe in and think they will be of use to you.

Inspired!


I was inspired by a friend, Cindy, from GLU (a chatroom I love!) to try these frozen doilies as a January decoration. She found the idea here but I thought that sounded like too much work. So I modified this idea by simply wetting the doily then letting it freeze on the sidewalk!


It peeled right up in our 14 degree weather! I then hung them up on our neighbors' cedar tree. I won't be able to keep them there long as these doilies were made by my mother in law! I would be so sad if anything happened to them! Aren't they beautiful?




Would you like to comment?

  1. Well, these are the largest tree ornaments I have ever seen - and quite lovely! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Terri, they are gorgeous! They would freeze well over here too, it's -4F as I type this! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:03 PM

    I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and what a great idea, but one I can't use since our weather isn't ever cold enough.

    Hugs from the beach,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, Terri!

    It's a big ol' 8 degrees, as I type, this Sunday morning. Wouldn't take long for them to freeze today. We have Miss Gabi and need to return her to her home soon. I wish I could just sit here by the fire the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous Terri! I love this idea. It wouldn't work here but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea and they certainly are gorgeous. You'll have to find some that don't have as much meaning for you to use in this way. I think my Eastern Spruce would look beautiful dressed that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:49 PM

    Those are beautiful Terri. We have had a very cold weekend too. Is it Spring yet???

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are like heaven's snowflakes...no less beautiful or unique.
    Gorgeous, without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this is ingenious! To bad it is 75 degrees here. I guess I could just starch the heck out of mine. :)

    Happy New Year friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!! I'll come by and snatch them out of your tree, watch out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea!

    When I saw your header I had to stop and stare before reading the post. They are truly beautiful.

    Hope you are feeling greeeaaat in this New Year!

    Hugs,

    Becky K

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just out and out clever. So pretty, Terri.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are too pretty and what a great idea! Happy New Year!!! Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. COOL idea! (pun intended!!)

    Happy New Year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know where you live. Those doillies may not be there tomorrow;)
    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so pretty! They're like hug snowflakes. I've seen people starch smaller ones and hang them in their windows - also very pretty.

    Terri email me about the planter markers. How many do you need, what do you want them to say etc.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:24 AM

    What a lovely idea!!! It sure would work here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are very beautiful indeed!! I may have to try that. Maybe over summer I'll make a few! Really, I love it!!

    I left something for ya at my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! If you liked what you read, please take a moment to share by tweeting, pinning or yumming! Much appreciated!